CDL12 Hybrid Point Source/Line Array Constant Directivity Loudspeaker
Constant Directivity: Consistent, Coherent Sound
Each CDL12 consists of eight 2-inch drivers aligned in a segmented circular-arc high-frequency array centered in front of a 12-inch woofer. The combined output of the high- and low-frequency drivers travel from the same acoustic axis so that the pattern always radiates from the center of the CDL12. This is true whether the CDL12 is used individually on a tripod speaker stand or as part of an acoustically coupled vertical array with up to six enclosures, making the CDL12 ideally suited for a broader range of venue sizes, creating a far-field response almost immediately as the sound is projected from the center of the enclosure.
The high-frequency array curve was designed so that as multiple CDL12 enclosures are stacked, the entire array maintains consistent center-to-center spacing among all the high- and low-frequency drivers. This creates a seamless transition from one cabinet to the next while minimizing comb filtering to maintain the controlled 120° horizontal coverage pattern while the vertical coverage is expanded by 20° per box deployed. The result is a system that can be scaled from 20° to 120° of vertical coverage, making the CDL12 an ideal choice for array use.
Customizable Array Presets
The CDL12’s integrated PDA-1000 500W x 500W Class D power amplifier features onboard DSP presets to facilitate and simplify arrayed configurations. When used individually or combined with another CDL12, two presets are available via the rear panel for quick configuration. Use Preset 1 when using one CDL12 loudspeaker and Preset 2 on both loudspeakers in a two CDL12 array. When using three or more CDL12 loudspeakers in an array, simply connect every CDL-series loudspeaker to a standard LAN network and launch Worx Control software to load the presets for larger configurations.
For more advanced applications, each CDL12 can be connected to a standard LAN network and remotely controlled using Worx Control software for macOS® and Windows®. When combined with the CDL12, Worx Control provides speaker-management tools that include compression, limiting, and 800 ms of delay. An 8-band EQ with individually selectable filters (High Pass, Low Pass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Notch, All Pass, Band Pass) is also provided to compensate for room anomalies. Speakers can be grouped and managed individually or together. Performance monitoring indicators allow you to monitor temperature and signal levels remotely.
- Each CDL12 consists of eight 2-inch drivers aligned in a segmented circular-arc high-frequency array centered in front of a 12-inch woofer creating a focused pattern that always radiates from the center, whether used individually or in a vertical array.
- Hybrid point source/line array design delivers focused sound with consistent SPL coverage both on- and off-axis.
- Dante™ networking capability provides easy integration into established audio networks.
- Integrated PDA-1000 amplifier provides 2000W of peak power.
- Onboard DSP can be remotely controlled via Worx Control software for system optimization, EQ, and speaker grouping. Presets are provided for quick configuration of up to six CDL12 loudspeakers in a vertical array.
- Integrated pin-loaded rigging hardware provides simple connection to other CDL-series enclosures and CDL Rigging Grid (sold separately). Dual angle pole socket provides flexible aiming for pole-mount applications.
- Type: Active 2-way
- LF Driver: 12″ (2.5″ Voice Coil)
- HF Driver: 8x 2″ (1″ Voice Coil)
- Amplifier: Type Class D
- Total System Power: 2000W Peak, 1000W Program (500W RMS)
- LF Driver Power: 1000W Peak, 500W Program (250W RMS)
- HF Driver Power: 1000W Peak, 500W Program (250W RMS)
- Frequency Range
48 Hz – 18 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 420 Hz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 131 dB
- Horizontal Coverage: 120°
- Vertical Coverage: 20° per enclosure
- Input Line: (XLR)
- Output: Direct Line Out (XLR)
Dante® (Audio and Control), Control
(only) (Locking Ethernet)
- Power Connection: powerCON® In and Out
- User Controls: Preset Select, HPF On/Off
Over Temperature, Signal, -3 dB,
Limiter, Clip, Network Status
- Enclosure: 15 mm Eucalyptus plywood
Dual-position pole mount (0° and 10°),
Integrated Rigging (10:1 load)
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
18.6″ x 20.8″ x 17.5″
- (473 mm x 529 mm x 444.5 mm)
- Weight: 65 (29.5 kg)