PreSonus CDL18s Dante-enabled Active Subwoofer
Efficient, Articulate Low-end Punch
A terrific complement for any full-range loudspeaker and the perfect companion for the PreSonus® CDL12 Constant Directivity loudspeaker, the CDL18s delivers a tight, coherent low-end, driven by an integrated 1000-watt Class D power amp, and features a unique ported design that maximizes efficiency in a compact form-factor. When flown together in a curved array, or combined for ground-stacked applications, the CDL18s and CDL12 form a complete, coherent loudspeaker system with an even response across the frequency spectrum.
The unique port configuration in the CDL18s enclosure maximizes efficiency to create a big bass sound from a compact cabinet. Each of the four triangle-shaped ports are placed in the corners so that they couple to the cabinet, taking advantage of the side walls to effectively elongate each port, allowing the CDL18s to move more air in a compact enclosure. This configuration also avoids port chuffing while minimizing baffle reflections to deliver better phase coherence. Its custom 18-inch low-frequency transducer with 4-inch voice coil can travel 7 mm before over-excursion, and easily handles 800W program / 1600W peak. Every design decision was made so that the CDL18s packs serious punch into a small footprint.
Its powerful bass performance and compact design make the CDL18s a desirable choice for both installed and mobile sound applications.
Onboard Processing Power
The CDL18s features an integrated PDA-1000, a heavy-duty 1000W Class-D power amplifier with robust onboard DSP. For more advanced applications, each CDL18s can be connected to a standard LAN network and remotely controlled using WorxControl software for macOS® and Windows®. When combined with the CDL12 and CDL18s, WorxControl provides speaker-management tools that include an 8-band EQ, polarity invert, compression, limiting, and 800 ms of delay. Speakers can be grouped and managed individually or together. Performance monitoring indicators allow you to monitor temperature and signal levels remotely.
Application and Deployment
The CDL18s can be configured individually or in a vertical array with other CDL18s subwoofers or CDL12 loudspeakers. Integrated rigging makes easy and secure box-to-box deployment. When suspending CDL-series loudspeakers, PreSonus requires the CDL Rigging Grid. This separately-sold rigging grid allows up to (6) CDL12 loudspeakers, (5) CDL18s subwoofers, or a number of combinations to be suspended in a vertical array.
- Single 18-inch LF transducer with a 4-inch voice coil provides articulate low-end punch.
- Designed as the companion sub bass enclosure to the CDL12 full-range Constant Directivity Loudspeakers.
- Dante™ networking capability provides easy integration into established audio networks.
- Integrated PDA-1000 amplifier provides 2000W of peak power.
- Onboard DSP can be remotely controlled via Worx Control software for system optimization and speaker grouping.
- Integrated rigging hardware provides simple connection to other CDL series enclosures and CDL Rigging Grid (sold separately).
- Type: Active Subwoofer
- LF Driver: 8″ (4″ Voice Coil)
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Total System Power: 2000W Peak, 1000W Program (500W RMS)
- Frequency Range (-3 dB): 42 Hz – 150 Hz (Variable)
- Maximum Peak SPL: 135 dB
- Input: 1 Line (xLR)
- Output: Direct Line Out (xLR)
- Networking: Dante® (Audio and Control), Control (only) (Locking Ethernet)
- Power Connection: powerCON® In and Out
- User Controls: Preset Select, Polarity Invert
- Indicators: Over Temperature, Signal, -3 dB, Limiter, Clip, Network Status
- Enclosure:15 mm Eucalyptus plywood
- Mounting: M20 Threaded pole receiver, Integrated rigging (10:1 load)
- Dimensions: (H x W x D): 22.2″ x 20.8″ x 24″ (590 mm x 529 mm x 610 mm)
- Weight: 105 lbs. (47.6 kg)