We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
Who Are We?[INSERT ElectroMarket/Stage Concepts/Audio Installations] is the trading name of Destiny Entertainments Ltd.
The registered company address is: 39 Etchingham Park Road, London, N3 2DU
Our head office is: Unit C7, J31 Park, Motherwell Way, West Thurrock, Essex, RM20 3XD
Our company no. is: 6391244
Our VAT no. is: GB 848 3373 00
Our EORI no. is: GB848337300000
The terms, “Destiny Entertainments”, “Destiny Entertainments Ltd”, [INSERT “ElectroMarket”, “ElectroMarket.co.uk” / “Stage Concepts”, “stageconcepts.co.uk” / “Audio Installations”, “audioinstallations.co.uk”], “supplier”, “seller”, “retailer”, “us”, “we” or “our” and plurals of, refers to the registered business, Destiny Entertainments Ltd. The terms, “receiver”, “purchaser”, “customer”, “you”, “your” or “user” and plurals of, refers to the person who places an order, receives a delivery, uses our website or services or contacts us in the manner of purchasing goods.
The legal basis we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In certain situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In certain situations, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details to law enforcement of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity.
In certain situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
What we collect
Below is the type of personal information we collect:
- Date of birth
- Contact information including but not limited to addresses, phone numbers and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- An encrypted record of your password to our website (we always recommend using a unique password for each website you use, then storing these passwords in a software like LastPass or 1password)
Other information we collect:
- Details of any interactions you have with us; emails, online chat messages, phone calls (all are digitally recorded and stored), letters (normally digitally stored and the original shredded), as well as any other type of communication that it is possible to store.
- Scanned copy of your ID and other identification for in-store collections
- Your order details and shopping preferences
- When you visit our website, including but not limited to your IP address and general location
- Information gathering by using cookies
- Any other information you provide to us
- Payment information
- We do not store your full card details however we may store the last 4 digits of your credit/debit card for verification purposes
- If you use a payment processor (e.g. PayPal, Amazon Pay, Klarna, etc.), we do not store your login password, however we may store your username/email address for verification purposes
- Product reviews (these may be made public)
- Images of you on CCTV if you visit any of our sites/stores (however, we do not use image recognition so we are unable to identify you directly)
- An image of your number plate if it is captured by our CCTV (although we do not record the number plate, it may be possible to read it from the images from CCTV)
- Technical information about how you use our website, for example, your browser, your computer operating system, web pages visited, advertisements you clicked on and search terms you entered
- Your social media details
What we do with the information we gather
Here are some of the ways we will use the information we gather:
- We will keep your order information and contact information on record to fulfill our contractual obligation to service and warranty any products you order with us.
- We will never pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes. However, we may need to pass some of your personal information to third parties in order to fulfill our obligations to you. For example: we may pass your address, phone number and email address to couriers to deliver your parcel; we may pass your contact details and payment details to third party payment platforms in order to process your payment to us.
- Whenever we are required to transfer your personal information or contact information, this will always take place over secure and encrypted channels in order to protect your data.
- We may use your information to improve our products and services, or to analyse data to improve our website.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and post about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on (you can opt-out of this at any point).
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- We may pass your details on to law enforcement as required by law, for example, to identify fraud or other illegal activities.
- Please be aware, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some or all of the products or services you have asked for.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Any data transferred through the internet is protected by encryption to ensure there is no unauthorised access.
Only those who require access to your personal data have access to it within our company, ensuring that your personal data is not shared with our staff unnecessarily.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Sometimes we must share or store your personal data with third parties in order to fulfill our contractual obligations or to make our products and services better.
Some examples of third parties we may share or store your data with:
- Couriers and fulfillment systems – to deliver your order
- Computer systems (e.g. CRM’s) – to manage your account and orders, etc.
- Banks and payment processors – to take your payment
- Email systems – to correspond with you and send you offers (if you opt-in)
- Storage systems – to process your orders or analyse data
- Website hosting platforms – to receive your order via our website
- Phone systems – to receive and make phone calls with you as well as record calls
- Analytics systems – to analyse your data
- IT companies – those companies who manage our systems and websites
- Social media – for those that contact us in that way
A “cookie” is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [INSERT info@WEBSITEURL]
Your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
- A copy of the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- When you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of our legal obligations).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact by post at: Destiny Entertainments Ltd, Unit C7, J31 Park, Motherwell Way, West Thurrock, Essex, RM20 3XD, United Kingdom, or email [INSERT admin+subjectaccessrequest@WEBSITEURL]
We may request proof of ID from you in order to fulfill this request in order to protect your personal data. If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Contacting the Regulator
If you think that your data has not been managed correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to your requests regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
Email us at email@example.com
Or write to us at Destiny Entertainments Ltd, Unit C7, J31 Park, Motherwell Way, West Thurrock, Essex, RM20 3XD, United Kingdom
This notice was last updated on 03/07/2019