Designed to provide simply incredible bass reinforcement in an easy to transport package, the XW218 active subwoofer speaker system has been given a complete rework from the existing X-series dual 18-inch active subwoofer to further enhance its already immense bass capabilities. With its double 18-inch neodymium magnets and 4-inch voice coils, 5000W of Class D power, and digital DSP system, this PA subwoofer offers incomparable performance.
This beast of an active subwoofer comprises a pair of long excursion, direct radiating 4-inch voice coil, neodymium magnet, 18-inch loudspeakers. Front loaded in a bass-reflex tuned enclosure with laminar ports and a set of highly efficient perforation gradient speaker grilles. Its design is classic Amate, with a vertical layout and smart appearance that only hints at its huge 141dB capability.
Operation and monitoring of the XW218 system parameters, presets and user-adjustments is done via a rear-panel mounted 3.5-inch TFT colour touchscreen GUI, a new addition to the revamped XCELLENCE range. The user-friendly menus gives you full control over limiters, frequency cutoff, thermal and power protection settings, and the configuration for the systems Dante audio networking, which uses standard IP networks to receive high-quality, uncompressed audio with near-zero latency.
The built-in 5000W Class D amplifier is now in its 3rd generation, proving incredible performance with unparalleled efficiency and minimal thermal waste. With the systems DSP running everything via monitored inputs and outputs, The XW118 has features such as automatic input overload protection, overvoltage protection, and thermal shutdown with a energy saving ECO mode when no input signal is being received.
These PA subwoofers are run by a 64-bit DSP system that manages amplifier gain and cross-over settings, peaks limits and a 294ms / 100m alignment delay. A 5-band parametric EQ and high-accuracy FiR filtering ensures accurate phase alignment and tonal control to suit any environment. With a frequency response of 25Hz to 120Hz, the XW218 provides the deepest of bass from any source.
Amate Audios DSPStudio control software for laptops and tablets is capable of adjusting and setting up even the finest details and monitoring key parameters of the XW218 amplifier
input and output levels, limiter engagement, amplifier temperature and status, and network connection status. The software allows for total remote system configuration and monitoring that is ideal for theatres, large church sound systems and auditoriums.
- Amate XCELLENCE dual 18-inch active subwoofer speaker system
- Neodymium magnet 18-inch drivers with 141db continuous output
- 25Hz to 120Hz with FiR phase correction
- 5000W Class D amplification with SMPS power supply and PFC factor correction
- 64-bit DSP with 3.5-inch colour touchscreen interface
- Onboard selectable EQ, input and output monitoring, thermal protection and overvoltage protection
- Bass reflex enclosure design with laminar ports and gradient speaker grilles
- Dante protocol audio networking for total system control
- Amate DSPStudio for PC and tablet setup/monitoring of system functions and parameters
- Heavy-duty birch ply construction with Polyurea coating for extreme durability