Building on the existing XCELLENCE series, this latest version of the XW118 active subwoofer speaker system has been given a complete reworking to further enhance its already immense bass capabilities. With its 18-inch neodymium magnet and 4-inch voice coil, 2500W of Class D power, and digital DSP system, this PA subwoofer will transform your expectations both in features and sound production.
This beast of an active subwoofer comprises a direct radiating 4-inch voice coil, neodymium magnet, 18-inch loudspeaker, front loaded in a bass-reflex tuned enclosure with laminar ports and a set of highly efficient perforation gradient speaker grilles. Its design is classic Amate, with a smart appearance that only hints at the intense 133dB performance it can provide.
Operation and monitoring of the XW118 system parameters, presets and user-adjustments is via Amate Audio’s unique rear-panel 3.5-inch TFT colour touchscreen GUI, a new addition to the revamped XCELLENCE range. This user friendly panel gives you full control over limiters, frequency cutoff, thermal and power protection settings, and the configuration for the systems Dante audio networking, which uses standard IP networks to receive high-quality, uncompressed audio with near-zero latency.
The onboard 2500W Class D amplifier is here in its 3rd generation, proving incredible performance with unparalleled efficiency and minimal thermal waste. With the systems DSP running everything via monitored inputs and outputs, The XW118 has features such as automatic input overload protection, overvoltage protection, and thermal shutdown with a energy saving ECO mode when no input signal is being recieved.
The 64-bit DSP system on these PA subwoofers manages amplifier gain and cross-over settings, peaks limits and a 294ms / 100m alignment delay. A 5-band parametric EQ and high accuracy FiR filtering ensures absolute phase alignment and tonal control to suit any environment. With a frequency response of 30Hz to 140Hz, providing the deepest of bass from any source.
Amate Audios DSPStudio control software for laptops and tablets is capable of adjusting and setting-up even the finest details and monitoring key parameters of the XW118 amplifier
input and output levels, limiter engagement, amplifier temperature and status, and network connection status. It allows for total remote system configuration and monitoring that is ideal for theatres, large church sound systems and auditoriums.
- Amate XCELLENCE 18 inch active subwoofer speaker system
- Neodymium magnet 18-inch driver with 133db continuous output
- 30Hz to 140Hz with FiR phase correction
- 2500W Class D amplification with SMPS power supply and PFC factor correction
- 64-bit DSP with 3.5-inch colour touchscreen interface
- Onboard selectable EQ, input and output monitoring, thermal protection and overvoltage protection
- Bass reflex enclosure design with laminar ports and gradient speaker grilles
- Dante protocol audio networking for total system control
- Amate DSPStudio for PC and tablet setup/monitoring of system functions and parameters
- Heavy-duty birch ply construction with Polyurea coating for extreme durability